Conferences

Okay it all started when... it was my first conference at HMS. I was very nervous because at first I thought I was doing very bad, but it turns out I’m doing pretty good. So my mom went with me for conferences and my dad went with my sister. My sister had conferences very quick because she had her conferences like about a month ago, however it wasn’t quick for me because I needed a paper to show my parents the contact information and they couldn’t find it, it was so strange. So after Ms. Umana was done with one of my classmates I told her they didn’t give me the paper for some strange reason so then she told me to wait till a different classmate was finished with conferences. And you guessed right I was the last one for conferences *sigh*. But anyways back with the story.... So for conferences I had to wait like 30 mins to 1 hour it took long for the teachers to get conferences done for students. So when I was next I was scared that I was doing bad. So when Ms. Umana pulled out the folder with my math stuff in it. She said I’m doing very good. But recently she graded the quizzes we took for unit three since we were about to start it. And I got a two. She said that it was just a quiz, so I just wanted to know where you’re at. And she pulled out my test I took for unit two which was ratios. During that unit she noticed I talked to a lot of people during the lesson and she probably thinking I would get like twos. But...., when she was grading she was like “How does this girl understand this?!” She was like shook basically because I was never paying attention. Anyways she did my sister’s grades too since Ms. Umana teaches 6th and 7th grade math, and my sister is in 7th grade, so she has Ms. Umana for math as well. Then when she was pulling her math stuff out of the folder, I noticed a one for a grade I’m like “Oof O_o she struggles” then she told our parents that “Ashley is doing good but she kinda struggles, but she improved so much from last year”. My parents were like “ehh...” So then she was done explaining me and my sister’s grades She also realized we do the same things when she calls on us randomly we just shrug kinda and get nervous. And she told us to not talk to people that much and try to at least answer the question she asks us. So that was my conference. My huge apology goes to Ms. Haury because she wanted to say the positives of having me in her ELA class, but I told her that Ms. Umana said that she was the only teacher I really had to see for conferences since she was my Excel and Math teacher. Well sorry Ms. Haury ._. Okay that is it for today’s blog I will blog about my thanksgiving, so stay tuned for that. Also I kinda feel sad because my oldest sister had allergies and her eye got swollen and my mom tried the best eye medications she can find but unfortunately, nothing worked out but hoping she gets better soon, I love you sis, stay happy and healthy ^_^. Okay goodbye and make sure to check On Friday or Saturday for my next. blog (I think because I might forget) Peace out and have a good thanksgiving my friends. Bye! ^_^!

Comments